Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 1 - Miss Vogue goes slim

Well... I have decided that I have left myself go long enough haha. About four years ago, I was 21 and 118 llbs. Today, I am 25 and at 150 lbs. WOW! It hurts just to write that. When you look at me, I don't look like I weigh that much, but unfortunately (like most women) I carry it in my butt and thighs. I don't have huge saddle bags, but I am definitely plumper in that area than I have been. I can't blame, "I went through puberty" or "I had a kid" or, or, or the other hundred reasons I could produce. The only person or thing I can blame is myself.

Four years ago, I exercised every day... Pilates about 7 days a week and walking a couple miles almost 7 days a week. I drank only water and ate relatively healthy. I also did not eat past six o' clock. Today I don't do my Pilates at all except a couple times a month, drink sweet tea like it's going out of style and the occasional Sprite. I eat almost every day past six o' clock and often late into the night. I have got to stop! My sleep has been affected, my clothes have been affected, I feel bad about myself, I feel gross and lethargic. I don't enjoy having muffin tops in my cute jeans... I refuse to buy bigger sizes in pants so I am rotating between about five pairs of pants. I'm just being completely honest. I need some sort of accountability and I think this is a great place to share my daily plan and tips and how my progress is going - because everyone struggles at some time or another with body issues. Not only do I not feel good about myself, I am not healthy! I will post every day what exercise I have done, my eating, and weekly I will be posting body stats.

So... Today is Monday, March 22nd and today is Day 1
Breakfast - Nonfat Grande Toffee Nut Latte - around 170 cals
Midday snack - Special K Double Chocolate Protein Bar (these are SO GOOD! I ate this at 12 and didn't start feeling hungry until about 4pm) 190 calories
Lunch - haven't gotten a chance to eat that yet, haha... I'm going to get a 6" turkey Subway on wheat with lettuce, tomato, light mayo, and mustard. I'm not really sure on the calorie count of this, I'll have to check. Also, instead of chips I will be eating Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, which for about 30 bunnies is a little over a hundred cals.


I'll be eating my lunch so late, I'll probably count that as dinner as well. I know this is bad, but that's what I am going to do today. Tomorrow I will be better :)

As far as exercise... I am taking a Fitness class at school so that is kind of helping me get back into the swing of things. Today I worked out for an hour. Here is the breakdown:
Elliptical - 15 minutes
Bike - 15 minutes
Treadmill - 15 minutes
Rowing machine - 15 minutes

I like to mix it up! haha

This is just my story and my plan - I'm not a doctor or any of that stuff... I hope some of you will join me or just follow along. Yay!

This is me in 2005... I will take an updated, similar shot within the next week... I'll do weekly progress shots as well...

4 comments:

Brow Raised Beauty on March 23, 2010 at 12:00 PM said...

Good luck with your goals:) Now you're motivating me to get off the computer and onto a treadmill too!
xBRB

Miss Vintage Vogue on March 23, 2010 at 5:53 PM said...

haha awesome! :) and thank you!

Unknown on March 23, 2010 at 7:12 PM said...

are we the same person? I used to weight 110 at 21 and 22, then started grad school :( and things went downhill from there. I'm 24 and ready to lose 20 lbs. I'm hoping you can help motivate me! :) I refuse to buy bigger pants too because I don't want to admit defeat. Plus, I dont want to waste my money when I should be at a lower weight. I don't think I should be 110 again - that was too thin - but I'd love to be in the 120's :) Hope things are going well!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Miss Vintage Vogue on March 24, 2010 at 6:00 PM said...

Goodness girl there are a lot of similarities! lol... Thanks for the encouragement! The same for you, too... it's definitely not easy, but well worth it... haha