Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Mean Reds and Studio 54

I came across a quote while watching one of AllThatGlitters21's videos... "Some girls are born with glitter in their veins." I'm such a girly girl and always have been ever since I can remember. I used to beg my parents to buy me Lee Press On Nails... anyone remember those? I would put those babies on and think I was hot stuff haha.

Sorry, I got off reminiscing about my childhood...Anyway, to the topic at hand! I've been hearing all sorts of yummy things about China Glaze's For Audrey polish and how it was the quintessential Tiffany and Co. blue. Anyone who really knows me knows that I adore Tiffanys and even my iPhone cover color is called Tiffany Box Blue. I found it at my local Sally's and although I was a bit skeptical, it really is a dead ringer. I was going to do a KONAD design, but I decided I would just enjoy the blue by itself. I think on days I can't visit a Tiffany store, I can slap this on and it'll cure my case of the mean reds. A Breakfast at Tiffany's reference if you didn't catch it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Speaking of diamonds, I pulled out my NARS Glitter Pencil. It's a wonderful highlighter that you can use anywhere, but I mainly use it to accent the corner of my eyes and my brow bone. I have the color 54 which is described as "platinum with silver glitter." It retails for $24 and will last - who knows... forever? The cap is worthless though... It cracked within a couple of weeks and has been gone ever since so I usually leave this at home, but it will stay put all day. It's very sheer and blendable, so you don't have to worry about looking like Edward when you go outside as long as you use a light hand and blend! I tried capturing a decent picture with it on my eyes, but it's so subtle it's just not picking it up. So, I bring you a swatch instead...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Unknown on December 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM said...

For Audrey is one of my FAVORITE polishes EVER. isn't it amazing?? I have multiple bottles of this stuff stockpiled in case I ever run out, lol.

Miss Vintage Vogue on December 15, 2009 at 1:57 PM said...

lol that's awesome, Brooke! It is an amazing color... I keep looking at my nails cause... one of my favorite colors ever!