Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advanced Vivid 14 Day Treatment

Whitening our teeth... it's something a lot of us have probably done at some time or another in our beauty-filled lives. When was your first time? Mine was right after I got my braces off when I was 17 years old... I went out and bought myself some Crest Whitestrips and they did an amazing job! I've used them on and off for the past 8 years and I wanted to do another round of treatment this spring. However, I never did look forward to the goopy, sloppy strips and the way they liked to float around on my teeth and I would inevitably swallow some of the gel. Can't be good, right? Well, I went to my local drugstore to pick up a new box and low and behold - they have improved their product! Not just the regular Whitestrips or the Premium, but overhauled the whole line. They now offer FIVE whitening treatments instead of two.

1. Stain Shield - The Stain Shield treatment is a once a day, 5 minute, 4 week supply. It basically is a touch up and to help prevent things such as coffee, tea, etc. from staining your already white teeth. It's like a facelift for your smile :)

2. Gentle Routine - These are also for 5 minutes a day and contain 28 treatments. These strips are intended for those that are sensitive to the more aggressive ingredients in the regular Whitestrips. The whitening in these strips is more subtle and gradual.

3. Vivid - This would be the equivalent to the original Crest Whitestrips. They are used once a day for 30 minutes and this box contains 10 whitening treatments. The price of the vivid runs around $30-35 dollars.

4. Advanced Vivid - This is the box that I picked up. I guess it's the midrange model. It runs about $45 dollars. These also contain the Advanced Seal. What does that mean? No more slippery, goopy, sliding mess! These strips actually stick to your teeth, have a smooth outer surface, and DO NOT budge at all! It's great! They are to be used once a day for 14 days.

5. Professional Effects - They say this is the same as a $500 whitening treatment. I did not get that box, so I don't know about that. They are the same as the Advanced Vidid, but a level 3 whitening instead of a level 2. Level 3 is as high of a whitening agent you can get OTC. I may try these next time! They are to be used once a day for 20 days and they run about $55 dollars.

So... here is my before picture...


I've used them consistently, but I'm only on my third day so I will do an update after 7 days and again after 14 =)

0 comments: