Saturday, January 9, 2010

Eye of the Day:



I was drawn back to the Kohl's line up makeup, Flirt! and checked out their eyeshadows... they have a unique type of shadows that are a mousse... very cool! I LOVE the texture... so creamy, very blendable, long wearing, doesn't smudge - they have great colors! I picked out High Maintenance to test out the product. It's a deep purple with flecks of shimmer. You can layer these mousse shadows to be either a light eye look or very dramatic.

I used Bare Escentuals Nude Beach from lid to brow bone, Bare Escentuals' Queen Tiffany on the lid, up to the crease, and I foiled it. Foiling is a technique used with powder shadows - you wet the brush, dip it into the minerals, and apply - this gives a foiled, intense color. I then applied High Maintenance in the crease and blended it.





These retail for $12 each - I might go back and purchase some more, but I want to try out some MAC shadows when I go to Atlanta on Tuesday. Anyone have any good color recommendations?

2 comments:

Heather on January 10, 2010 at 5:41 AM said...

I have one of their mousse shadows in a bright green. It's a gorgeous color but it creases so badly I just don't wear it. I do like their regular eyeshadows though, they open and look so fancy, like a NARS shadow.

Miss Vintage Vogue on January 10, 2010 at 6:39 AM said...

Yeah, I had a tough time deciding whether to get a mousse or a regular shadow... I'll have to try one of those next! This color doesn't crease, so that's a plus! =)