Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

Brooke at Babbling Brooke tagged me for the Beautiful Blogger Award, along with some other wonderful bloggers out there. Thanks, Brooke :) You should definitely go check out Brooke's blog for some gorgeous KONAD designs and tips... She's one of the best!



This is really exciting for me, because I've only been doing this for a little less than two months and still very green, but I enjoy it and it's a very fun hobby! I'm meeting lots of fellow makeup, nail, fashion, etc. gurus like myself! Part of being tagged for the Beautiful Blogger Award is to list 7 facts about yourself. So - here goes!

1. I was heavy into ballet dancing for about eight years, but stopped before I hit my teens.

2. I grew up wanting to be a writer, but when my dog died from cancer in 2008 I decided I would follow that dream lots of little girls have when they're growing up and become a veterinarian. I started volunteering and working at an animal hospital, but once I took the first round of science classes I knew this was not for me. It didn't make me happy like I thought and I was crying/stressed to the max. So, now I am back on the path to becoming a writer and could not be happier!! Best time of my life!

3. I can cross one eye in toward my nose and move the other eye around - freaky, but true hehe

4. My parents have owned their own business for 25 years and I have worked there practically since birth. It's not always easy working with family, but we make it fun and it's the best job to have while I'm still in college. Love it and them.

5. I was a child model for about five minutes - I participated in a children's clothing fashion show at a Parisians store way back in the day.

6. I want to live abroad one day and travel from place to place - perhaps living in a city for a month before traveling on to the next

7. I'm one of the biggest classic movie junkies you will ever meet! I LOVE old movies, especially black and whites from the 1940's. I love them all! That's a lot of what I watch on a regular basis. I love Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Carole Lombard, Humphrey Bogart... on and on. ♥

Part of this lovely tag is that I am to tag some other beautiful bloggers... and my tag choices are...

Laura at Lollipop26 - She was, I think, one of the first people on YouTube I watched that inspired me to start making my own videos... She comes across as very relatable and not at all pretentious - I love reading her blog!

Janice at Swtest2Lips - She has a lovely blog full of makeup experiments, reviews, and of course, lots of beautiful KONAD designs!

BabyD at Polish and Powder - She's a newbie like me, but has some beautiful KONAD designs and makeup posts!

3 comments:

Swtest2Lips on January 6, 2010 at 1:08 PM said...

Patty! You are too sweet! Thank you so much! This really means alot to me-Its my first award! Wish you were here so I could give you a real hug but since your not, heres a virtual one ~hugs~

Polish and Powder on January 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM said...

Thank you so very much, I am shocked as my blog is really new! You are such a sweetheart to vote for me, I feel very honored :o) Hugs to you xxx

Miss Vintage Vogue on January 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

Aww girls, lots of hugs to you, too! You both have great blogs and deserve it! :) XOXO!