Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Argyle Dreams

After my last KONAD design, I wanted to try something lighter. I polished my nails with Essie's Mint Candy Apple - I am LOVING this color! It's such a milky, mint green/pale blue - it's gorgeous. I've been wanting to try the argyle pattern on plate m60 with the KONAD special white polish. It was definitely one of the more challenging designs because the polish doesn't seem to completely coat each diamond, thus leaving some of them lighter than others. I would be cautious if you decided to scrape the design more than once, because this can drag the polish from the filled in diamonds to the diamonds that are supposed to be empty. Try to do one, even scrape - then scrape.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

bowsnhearts on January 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

Wow...this is really really pretty! When I am off my shopping ban, I will have to try out nail stamps!

Swtest2Lips on January 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM said...

This is soooooo pretty! I agree, the Mint Candy Apple is becoming my favorite winter polish! Ive been in the mood for lighter fun colors! Loves the Argyle!

Miss Vintage Vogue on January 6, 2010 at 5:29 PM said...

Bowsnhearts - The KONAD stamping stuff is a-mazing! It's so much fun!! =) ocnailart.com is the best place to get all your supplies, I think =)

Janice - Thanks!! Did you have the coverage problem with the argyle stamp like I mentioned?