Sunday, January 17, 2010

MAC Eyeshadow Haul

So, I went to Atlanta last week and decided to try some MAC eyeshadows. i've used Bare Escentuals' eyeshadows for the past five years and I love them. They can be messy sometimes and that's about my only complaint. However, I have heard so much about MAC eyeshadows and their colors are so beautiful, I wanted to give them a try. I'm really happy with my choices - I've tried all of them so far and love every single one of them. I love the pigmentation, the no mess, the ease of applying and blending, and the staying power! With my mineral shadows, they would not last all day, but the MAC shadows do and that's a use plus for me! So, without further ado...

1. Mythology


I heard about lots of fallout with this one, but I didn't experience it. I think I need a denser brush to pick up more product though. This color is AMAZING! It's really unique and definitely makes your eyes stand out. Gorgeous.

2. Satin Taupe


This is a really pretty, shimmering taupe color - almost like a mushroom brown. I've used it for an all over lid color so far, but I can't wait to experiment with it more. It's a color that I think anyone could wear.

3. Corduroy


I got this instead of Handwritten, which is what I really wanted but both MAC stores I went to were out. It's a very nice, matte, neutral brown shade. You can apply it lightly or build it up for more intensity.

4. Phloof!


I knew I'd love this color... It's a wonderful base color as well as a highlighter for the brow bone and inner corner. I like that you can apply it under/over another color and it will give it a nice sheen. GORGEOUS!

So far, I love, love, love the MAC eyeshadows and of course, can't wait to buy more! I really like the price as well... of course $14 is expensive for eyeshadow, but that's what my mineral shadow costs so it's not like it's $25 like a NARS shadow. I'm curious to see how long these will last me... That'll be the true test - how often you have to repurchase.

0 comments: